Additional upgrades to schools across Belconnen
June 18, 2020
As part of our fast-track projects to support local businesses and keep Canberrans employed, we're been undertaking additional upgrades to schools right across Belconnen:
- Aranda Primary School: Kindergarten playground surface upgrade; softfall replacement.
- Belconnen High School: External painting.
- Canberra High School: Repairs to art room ceiling.
- Charnwood Dunlop Primary School: Upgrading garden area adjacent to the basketball court and major roof repairs.
- Cranleigh School: Repairing current shade protection for top playground area; new sustainable performance certified and Australian manufactured furniture to support student needs.
- Evatt Primary School: Painting and carpeting school; sustainable performance certified and Australian manufactured furniture to support student needs.
- Fraser Primary School: New outdoor learning space and landscaping.
- Florey Primary School: Minor upgrades to six classrooms; installation of new partition doors; draught proofing of doors.
- Hawker College: Draught proofing of doors.
- Kingsford Smith School: Repairing softall areas in playground.
- Latham Primary School: Replacing sagging eaves.
- Macgregor Primary School: Remediation and landscaping around astro turf area; more seating for students that are participating in physical education classes; internal painting of numerous classrooms; irrigation and gutter work.
- Macquarie Primary School: Installing screens to the outdoor courtyard.
- Melba/Copland College: Painting.
- Miles Franklin Primary School: Improving drainage system in the Kindergarten building; draught proofing of doors.
- Mt Rogers Primary School: Supplying and installing new storage shed.
- Weetangera Primary School: Upgrading the outdoor hardcourts and learning area.
These economic stimulus investments are in addition to the ACT Government’s investment of $115 million to upgrade public schools across the Territory.