It's been a busy first sitting week in the Assembly
February 14, 2020
We've just finished the first three parliamentary sitting days of the year.
This week in parliament I:
- formally recorded my thanks to the amazing professionals and volunteers who protected and supported our city during the lost summer
- tabled the Environment, Transport and City Services report on 'Nature in Our City', with 58 unanimously agreed recommendations
- asked 11 questions in Question Time
- spoke in support of a motion about parking in Lawson
- gave a speech on the very special Our Bush Capital Children's Book, written by Canberra locals Samantha Tidy and Juliette Dudley
- drew the Assembly's attention to the incredible achievements of 31-year-old Sophia Hamblin Wang, who represented Australia recently at the World Economic Forum's annual meeting in Switzerland (and appeared on Q+A this week!)
- highlighted that tomorrow is National Condom Day, where SHFPACT (Sexual Health & Family Planning ACT) will be handing out condoms and roses in the city, Braddon and Woden
- gave four committee statements
I've also been working on something really important to me for next week. Watch this space!